HubSpot service reps field customer requests and troubleshoot problems with HubSpot products and are responsible for helping customers get the most out of the company’s products and services. In this role, you’ll work roughly 40 hours a week and have unlimited vacation days. If you’re hoping to find a job where you can use your people skills while https://remotemode.net/ working from home, one of these jobs could be the right fit for you. Customer support jobs are naturally suited to remote work since the work is mainly done via computer and phone. Working in a customer service job from home can be a rewarding experience. You get paid to help people every day while maintaining autonomy and flexibility.
- “Nine years ago when I started my company, my girls were very young.
- Ask if they would be interested in participating in a monthly online hangout.
- Job where you can use your people skills while working from home, one of these jobs could be the right fit for you.
- Customer service representatives serve as the first point of contact for customers.
If you love using your tech skills to solve problems, join the team supporting our business and government customers. In this hybrid role, you’ll have flexibility to work both remotely and on-site. Working in customer service is also a great “stop-gap” if you need to start working to get some money in the door, even if it’s not what you want to be doing for the long haul.
CXO: The Customer Service Leader You Probably Haven’t Hired Yet (Including Insights from Experts)
You’ll need to invest in a strong network to ensure that you don’t get cut out of customer interactions. In customer service, speed and efficiency is everything, and the last thing you want is for a slow Internet connection to leave a customer hanging. You can still make money from your idle car by renting it out by the hour with a group like Turo.
Without the benefit of an in-person dialogue, it’s easy for a tone to seem too harsh or blunt. Harvard Business Review recommends defaulting to the friendlier and warmer way of saying something when communicating online. If the interview takes place over video chat or the phone, get dressed up and prepare as you would for an in-person interview.
How to find remote customer service work from home opportunities
What may have once required in-person meetings can now occur via email, phone, or live chat. Most duties performed by customer service agents can be done from a home office using the internet to connect to communications tools. Customer what is remote customer service service representatives serve as the first point of contact for customers. They provide information or answer questions about products or services and handle and resolve complaints to provide a positive customer service experience.
- Use tangible examples of how you have solved real-life problems — even if they didn’t take place in a work setting.
- With each shift bid you submit, you’ll have the opportunity to set a new schedule for yourself, which means you’ll have the chance to change your work-at-home hours.
- CommentSold is a commerce platform that connects retailers with buyers.
- Think about your work history and how you might have played the role of “question-answerer” or “problem solver” or “peace-maker.” Those are all hats you would wear in customer service.